If you’re anything like me, you check out online reviews and ratings when you want to get the inside scoop on an auto mechanic, plumber, hotel or restaurant. And when I’m happy or very unhappy about their product or service I contribute to those sites as well. So my question to you is why wouldn’t you do the same things when you’re shopping for a real estate agent?
Most of my business continue to come from referrals which is great but many others still select a real estate agent based on old and mostly unreliable methods:
- A family friend or relative
- Any agent for a large brokerage
- Someone who claims to have good stats (short market times, high closing ratio, etc.)
- Someone with visibility in the area
- Someone perceived to know the area